Why Specify MFMA Maple
For naturally low cost:
- MFMA grading rules allow the specifier to establish a competitive bid process for like products.
- MFMA maple flooring is offered in numerous grades and dimensions ensuring the most suitable product is available for the project budget.
For beauty and sustainability:
- MFMA maple flooring is solid, not engineered, North American hardwood, harvested and milled in North America.
- Although it is naturally sustainable, most MFMA member mills are chain-of-custody certified to provide Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified flooring, encouraged for LEED projects.
- Plentiful MFMA northern hard maple has that un-mistakable wood floor appearance that schools, teams, and facility owners around the world associate with high performance basketball and volleyball.
- Unlike synthetic surfaces designed to look like real wood, you can be confident that an MFMA floor is real, solid maple designed to last up to 80 years or more.
For high performance
- Each MFMA mill offers high-performance flooring systems incorporating maple flooring and a sub-floor.
- Floor systems are available that meet international standards for safety and product performance such as EN 14904 and MFMA PUR.
- MFMA flooring is the choice of every NBA team and numerous professional sports venues around the world.
For your peace of mind
- The MFMA grading rules and PUR standards ensure the maple flooring installed for your client looks and performs per specifications.
- The MFMA offers technical consultation to specifiers free of charge.
- The MFMA inspects each mill on a quarterly basis to ensure compliance with grading rules.
- If there ever is a question about quality or performance, the MFMA offers an inspection service to ensure product quality and compliance with industry recommended installation practices.
- The MFMA’s Athletic Flooring Sealer and Finish Specifications and Conformance List ensures your gym floor is finished with a product designed for a sports application.
Specify MFMA and leave the rest to us
- Certified mills
- Experienced specialty contractors
- Lab-tested and approved sealers and finishes
- Allied manufacturers